Today 12th September (2016) is the official release date of my 3rd book.
The title of the books is ‘Oracle R Enterprise’. Make sure to check it out on Amazon.
It has been a busy 17 months, as you may have noticed that I had another book released a few weeks ago. Check it out here.
Yes, I was working on two books at the same time.
Yes, that was a lot of work, and looking back on it was a lot of fun too.
This new book (Oracle R Enterprise) is a good companion for my first book (Predictive Analytics using Oracle Data Miner), as I now have a book for each of the components of the Oracle Advanced Analytics option.
Here is what is on the back cover of the book.
“Effectively manage your enterprise’s big data and keep complex processes running smoothly using the hands-on information contained in this Oracle Press guide. Oracle R Enterprise: Harnessing the Power of R in Oracle Database shows, step-by-step, how to create and execute large-scale predictive analytics and maintain superior performance. Discover how to explore and prepare your data, accurately model business processes, generate sophisticated graphics, and write and deploy powerful scripts.
You will also find out how to effectively incorporate Oracle R Enterprise features in APEX applications, OBIEE dashboards, and Apache Hadoop systems.
• Install, configure, and administer Oracle R Enterprise
• Establish connections and move data to the database
• Create Oracle R Enterprise packages and functions
• Use the R language to work with data in Oracle Database
• Build models using ODM, ORE, and other algorithms
• Develop and deploy R scripts and use the R script repository
• Execute embedded R scripts and employ ORE SQL API functions
• Map and manipulate data using Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop
• Use ORE in Oracle Data Miner, OBIEE, and other applications
This books is ideally suited to people who are starting out with Oracle R Enterprise (ORE) or have some experience with using it, and want to see what you can do with it and how it can be used with other products like APEX, OBIEE, Hadoop and Spark. Yes I touch on these in the book. This book may also be of interest for those who are working with the products I’ve just listed and want to see how to use ORE.
If you are at Oracle Open World (OOW) next week make sure to check out the book in the Oracle Book Store, and if you buy a copy try to track me down to get me to sign it. The best way to do this is to contact me on Twitter, leave a message at the Oracle Press stand, or you will find me hanging out at the OTN Lounge.