Review Oracle Magazine–Sept/Oct 2006- 20th Anniversary
The Sept/Oct Oracle Magazine from 2006 was the 20th Anniversary edition.
The main articles were focused on Security, Unstructured Data, Using Ajax, Partitioning (this is a regular topic), Application Express and there was the regular articles from Tom Kyte and Steven Feuerstein
There was only one article focusing o the 20th Anniversary of Oracle Magazine, written by Jeff Spicer and gave a brief overview of how the magazine has progress and the main technologies. The highlights included
- Oracle Magazine emerged in 1987 from the original newsletter that was issued every quarter
- In the 1990’s the magazine grew in size and was primarily focus on how Oracle customer were using the products
- By the late 1990 the magazine evolved into have a number of distinct sections focusing on the wide range of products that Oracle now owned
- Then into the 2000 Oracle magazine stated to introduce more user focused features. With this we get more user group news and features on community members.
- Tom Kyte joins with a regular column in 2000
- Back in 2006 Oracle magazine has a readership of nearly 1 million.
In the November/December 2011 Oracle Magazine, Tom Haunert give an brief history of Oracle Magazine, over its 25 year history
To view the cover page and the table of contents click on the image at the top of this post or click here.
My Oracle Magazine Collection can be found here. You will find links to my blog posts on previous editions and a PDF for the very first Oracle Magazine from June 1987.