Earlier today (4th May) SQL Developer 4.1 was released 🙂
For those of you who use the Oracle Data Miner tool (that is part of SQL Developer) you will need to upgrade your repository. The following steps will walk you through the process.
1. Download SQL Developer (you do need to have Java 8 installed) This download does not come with the JRE built into it. This usually comes a few days after the release.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the extracted directory to where you like to keep your applications etc.
3. Start up SQL Developer by running the sqldeveloper.exe file. This will located in the extracted folder \sqldeveloper-220.127.116.11.07-no-jre\sqldeveloper
4. If you have been a previous install of SQL Developer you will be asked if you want to migrate your current settings. Click on the Yes button and all your connections and settings will be migrated.
5. To upgrade your Oracle Data Miner (ODMr) repository, you will need to open one of your ODMr connections. When you do this ODMr will check to see if the repository in your database needs to be updated. If it does you will get the following window.
6. Enter the password for SYS
6. When you get the following window you can click on the Start button to begin the Oracle Data Miner repository upgrade.
7. After a couple of minutes (and depending on the number of ODM Workflows and ODM schemas to have) you will get the following window.
Congratulations. You have now upgraded your Oracle Data Miner repository.
If you do encounter any errors during the upgrade of the repository then you should get onto the OTN Forum for Oracle Data Miner and report the errors. The Oracle Data Miner team monitor this forum and will get back to you quickly with a response.