The Oracle Santa had a busy time just before Christmas with the release of several new version of products. One of these was Oracle R Enterprise version 1.5.
Oracle R Enterprise (1.5) is part of the Oracle Advanced Analytics option for the enterprise edition of the Oracle Database.
As with every new release of a product there are a range of bug fixes. But with ORE 1.5 there are also some important new features. These important new features include:
- New Random Forest specific for ORE.
- New ORE Data Store functions and privileges.
- Partitioning on multiple columns for ore.groupApply.
- Multiple improvements to ore.summary.
- Now performs parallel in-database execution for functions prcomp and svd.
- BLOB and CLOB data types are now supported in some of the ORE functions.
Check out the ORE 1.5 Release Notes for more details on the new features.
ORE 1.5 is only certified (for now) on R 3.2.x in both the open source version and the Oracle R Distribution version 3.2.
Check out the ORE 1.5 Documentation.
You can download ORE 1.5 Server side and Client side software here.