With the recent release of Oracle’s Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud (ADWC), Oracle has given data scientists a new tool for data discovery and machine learning on the ADWC. Oracle Machine Learning is based on Apache Zeppelin and gives us a new machine learning tool for accessing the in-database machine learning algorithms and in-database statistical functions.
Oracle Machine Learning (OML) SQL notebooks provide easy access to Oracle’s parallelized, scalable in-database implementations of a library of Oracle Advanced Analytics’ machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, anomaly detection, clustering, associations, attribute importance, feature extraction, times series, etc.), SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle’s statistical and analytical SQL functions. Oracle Machine Learning SQL notebooks and Oracle Advanced Analytics’ library of machine learning SQL functions combined with PL/SQL allow companies to automate their discovery of new insights, generate predictions and add “AI” to data viz dashboards and enterprise applications.
The key features of Oracle Machine Learning include:
- Collaborative SQL notebook UI for data scientists
- Packaged with Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
- Easy access to shared notebooks, templates, permissions, scheduler, etc.
- Access to 30+ parallel, scalable in-database implementations of machine learning algorithms
- SQL and PL/SQL scripting language supported
- Enables and Supports Deployments of Enterprise Machine Learning Methodologies in ADWC
Here is a list of key resources for Oracle Machine Learning:
- Oracle Machine Learning Notebooks
- Video overview of Oracle Machine Learning
- Download sample Oracle Machine Learning notebooks
- Quick Start Tutorial for getting started with Oracle Machine Learning
- Documentation: Using Oracle Machine Learning